Stage modifications

Hi everyone,

I love microscopes and 3d-printers as much as the next person.

I am using the OpenFlexure Microscope and I am switching a lot between slide and petri dish.

Today I put together this small piece (slide_dishV4.stl (28.2 KB)):

making it easier for me to switch between slide and dish. It centers the slide but the dish frame had to be moved off center due to the screws. It is definitely not the best design but it fits the purpose for using 25.4mm x 76.2mm slide and 50mm diam petri dish.

This made me curious about other stage modifications made by community members. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find much here on the forum nor on OpenFlexure · GitLab.

So for anyone who has put together some microscope stage modification (for whatever application), I would be really happy to see it, it is always inspiring with other people’s designs. Who knows, it might be the piece/solution/inspiration one has been looking for.

Best regards

Per

3 Likes

There is a section on the GitLab for contributed designs without OpenSCAD source at OpenFlexure / openflexure-microscope-extra · GitLab. There are not many there, and it does not actually include the ideas that we have seen on the forum over the last year. If you do Git, a merge request would be the way to put your design there.

1 Like

Nice. I will definitly try this.

1 Like

I have now merge request my file there. I will do this for future designs as well.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Pelle sorry I didn’t spot this at the time - I’ve now merged this in to the repository. If you’re looking for other stage mods, I think there are a few accessories in both the microscope and the delta stage repositories, though you’ve most likely found them already…