OFM Parts Kits Available

Hello, my name’s Kyle. I’m somewhat overdue introducing myself on this forum but I have been lurking around for some time.

I’m an experienced lab worker with a background in diagnostic Histology and Cytology. I’ve been in the works starting a small biomedical and lab supply company that offers equipment and supplies to small teams and skilled hobbyists.

One of the things I have been working on is an OpenFlexure parts kit, as when obtaining parts for my own microscope I noticed certain parts can be a bit of a headache to source. After various delays I now have a small batch of kits available for sale which include everything you need except for a Pi and 3D printed parts which can be included as optional extras.

The base kit costs £225 + Shipping and includes the following:

• 40x PLAN Objective
  • 12.5mm Doublet Lens
  • Sangaboard v5
  • Illumination Kit
  • 10ml Light Oil
  • 2.5mm Ball-end Allen Key
  • Pi Camera (with extended ribbon cable)
  • 2BYJ-48 Stepper Motors
  • Various Nuts, Bolts & Screws
  • Viton O-Rings

This should be everything you need except for a Pi, an SD card, a power supply and the 3D printed parts. I can provide these as an add-on if required though this will include a bit of a lead time.

My webstore isn’t quite ready yet as it is being custom built however in the mean time I am able to sell these kits directly through sales@malkanicus.com where I can provide a payment request through stripe. I can currently ship to the UK and depending on where you are in Europe I should be able to ship there too though customs fees are likely to apply and something you should consider.

Once the webstore is ready we will slowly increase the number of products available including peripherals like slides and coverslips. If you are after something more specific or a custom order please do get in touch and I’ll see what I can do.

I will keep an eye on this thread for any questions though if you are interested in purchasing one please send an email to sales@malkanicus.com so I can get your details and send you an invoice.

5 Likes