Should the logo say "microscope"?

Hello, that was fast. Thanks for inviting me to this wonderful forum. I shall test it out by nitpicking: should the logo say “microscope”? It could serve as a discussion place for non-microscope openflexure hardware as well…

Edit: Nevermind, it’s been changed.

Yeah I just picked it in initial setup, but I made a new one as it was weird.

Honestly I think it should just say openflexure, but bigger…

How about this?

openflexure_forum

Edit:

or bigger like @jc2450 said.

openflexure_bigger

or bigger with forum as well

openflexure_bigger_forum

@jc2450 @r.w.bowman What do you think?

I like either 2 or 3, with a slight preferece to 2.

1 Like

There are two places that I want to be able to go to from some random place in the forum - the forum homepage and the project homepage. Both links are there, the logo takes you to the forum, so I think it should have forum in the words, so my preference is 2. The main project web page is just the address which is obvious.

@WilliamW You mean 3? 2 doesn’t say forum.

Yes 3, not 2. (numerically illiterate clearly)

1 Like

Good point William. I change my vote to the one that says forum

Done.

1 Like

Just in case you weren’t aware and you care about this very unimportant issue; the current logo doesn’t work in dark mode (edit: … on some monitors, looks much better on my private monitor).

No idea how straightforward this is, but it looks like you can upload an alternative logo for dark mode.

1 Like

@jc2450 Fixing dark mode issues seems like your sort of rainy day hobby!?

I mean the other option is just to make the text something like 50% lightness grey. It’s not as nice as proper separate light/dark mode logos but its easy…

1 Like

Or an animated GIF that flashes black and white. This way each theme is perfect 50% of the time :rofl:

2 Likes

Or an animated GIF that flashes black and white. This way each theme is perfect 50% of the time :rofl:

This comment is revolutionary.