We are still some way off from a final release of version 7.0. But we feel we are near enough to an alpha release version that can be built and tested.
We have been doing huge amount of work cleaning up the microscope code base to make it easier to adjust. And we have also made a number of changes to make things more robust. Nut traps in the stage to stop things stripping, cable management, a new base, an illumination dovetail that locks. , and to separate explanations from instructions.
We have also refactored the documentation to separate different versions of the microscope using a tool we have written called GitBuilding. We have a (very incomplete) test version of our new documentation format which can be found here. We will then separate pages for instructions from explanation pages. Our hope is this will make the microscope accessible to an even wider audience.
The final hurdle big-ish is our new stand, with a drawer for the Raspberry Pi and the pi-hat Sangaboard v0.4
Tonight I have managed to adapt it to also work with the home-built Nano sangaboard
(the draw is 2-tone because I ran out of filament mid print, there is then a second printed platform attached into the drawer). There a still a few things to work out, like how to fix the nano in place. And it will look a lot messier when it is wired up!!