Register your interest in a Sangaboard group buy

Sangaboard is a well tested and well used board for motor control that we use in all of our microscopes. We don’t currently have the capability to sell these (most recently brought up on Sangaboard v0.3 for sale?). Kitspace / Openflexure Industries Inc / @Latsbben Airmine could organise a group buy though if there is enough interest. We would share any profit with Valerian Sanga/STIClab, the designers of the board.

We could do this through very cheap and partial assembly, meaning you have to solder some components (including fairly difficult micro USB connecters) on yourself and make sure it works. Or we could do a full assembly, so you don’t have to do any soldering, which will mean it’s more expensive and will take us longer to organise. For both of these options we need to know that there is enough interest to go ahead. Please register if you are interested in either/neither or both.

Are you interested in either/both:

• Untested sangaboard with only most surface mount components soldered
  • A completely soldered and tested Sangaboard

0 voters

Hey, Is there any place to buy a board with the most surface mount components on (or more) at the moment? I would need two boards within the coming two weeks.

Hi Tobey,

This is the current state:

• We have v0.4 boards but they are not fully working.
  • We are out of v0.3 boards and I am just getting the info together to order another batch. Two weeks may be a bit ambitious for that though.

So in short, the answer seems to be “No, not currently”.

We should look into this!

Interrested!
What is the price at the moment for one piece?

That is an interesting question. I know that when we bought 30 they worked out about £26 ($35) a pop for the v0.3. I think that if we slowed the lead time we could get that down to about £20. However buying just one is probably considerably more.

Hopefully we fix the issues with v0.4 soon and can do a group buy on that :slight_smile:

Is the circuit diagram available ? I’m interested in making one on perf board as I think I have most of the parts, I’m also interested in modifying it to power an addressable 3 colour LED so I can alter the illumination colour from the Arduino. I’m happy to share the results

All the design files are on GitLab and you can also find just the Gerbers and parts on Kitspace

V0.4 is also on Kitspace

V0.2 is probably most suitable to do that way.