OpenFlexure Delta Stage v1

Great - that’s roughly what I thought you meant, but good that we’re on the same page. I’m a bit of a broken record on this subject, but I should point out that the open license means that the OFM design doesn’t come with any kind of warranty, so you (or the petcare business, depending on how you arrange things) would be responsible for any regulatory compliance issues in the jurisdiction where you are selling it. I’ve mostly looked at this for human medical applications (malaria diagnosis) and I know the regulations are much less stringent for vetinary medicine. However, depending on where in the world you are, you may still be required to undergo some level of certification. I suspect an existing petcare business will understand those rules much better than I do, but it’s better to flag it up unnecessarily now than get a nasty surprise later!

Using open tech for regulated markets is something the OpenFlexure project team cares about very much, and we are keen to “do it right” and help others do the same. So if you do run into regulatory hurdles it’s worth letting us know in case we can help - and at the very least, it will be a useful learning experience for all of us.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your feedback and help! The process to clone or download the Delta Stage repository is now much simpler, and instructions on how to do it can be found in the README.

3 Likes