OFM v6 Logitech C270 - Hacking Instructions (Spanish version)

With encouragement from @j.stirling I have made this all a bit neater.

The body is now outwardly very similar to the V6 body, but with the stage nut traps and body stiffening that are introduced in V7. Being based on the clearer V7 underlying code (thanks mainly to @j.stirling ) it is easier to modify.
The base is also much more sturdy and stable than the V6 base, it gives a bigger footprint and the walls and base are thicker. The base does then take a lot longer to print.

4 Likes

Nice! I also like your yellow filament :slight_smile:

@WilliamW, here are some pictures from this model that I fabricated for educational purposes. Sorry for the color combination, but I wanted to reuse parts from other microscope kits. cc: @nanocastro

Sensor: Logitech C270 / Objective: 4x

I had the same issue with the illumination due to the optical properties of the objective. I mean, the issues with the ESP32 version.

If the illumination is fixed, you can get nice pictures.

1 Like

@biodotpe that is really nice, I like the colour combinations. I am amazed by the good colour in that final picture. I have not tried the C270 with an objective, but using its own lens I get a strong pink colour cast.

How does it feel in use? I only built a prototype and played for a while, but I have not got a real use for it so I did not spend a long time with it in my hands. If there are any changes that would help please do let us know.

One thing that might make it easier to use is to put the sample clips in the other holes on the stage, next to the illumination. For the V6 that you have used in a lot of your posts, the illumination gets in the way, but the V7 illumination is deliberately narrow enough to fit the clips either side. Then you have clear access to slip slides in and out.

2 Likes

Still have to try that one but great to se it works fine… nice job @biodotpe and thanks @WilliamW

1 Like