Buying Plastic Parts in Europe

Hi,

does anyone have experience with ordering the plastic parts for the microscope in Europe, preferably Germany?

I am also looking into local companies. However, I would be happy about pointers to shops that already managed to print the pieces successfully.

Cheers,
Fabian

Hi @random_walk, I am in the UK, so no local information for you in Germany. However the lack of response so far to your request does tell most of the story, there is not currently a specific supplier of the plastic parts. Some general 3D print services do exist who would print parts for you, but it tends to be rather expensive. That is partly because of the time to print, but also they need to allow for being given untested parts that actually will not print. If you want several then that can be different.

Another way to do it would be to find a local maker space where you can join and get access to 3D printers to print things yourself.

Thanks for your reply and suggestions, @WilliamW. In fact, I found a local shop earlier today that will try to print the parts for about 40€. The owner’s reply indicated that he actually had a close look at the printing guide so my hopes are high.

Cheers,
Fabian

2 Likes

That sounds like a good price. As the parts are all well tested (by lots of people on this forum as well!) he should have no difficulty, as long as he does not try to use supports.