Transport Case for Mobile Microscope

Hi @aurel that sounds really sensible - the delta microscope ought to be more reliable for this, because the optics module is static and thus much more securely mounted. The biggest problem I’ve had travelling with microscopes is the focusing mechanism snapping in transit, because the optics are relatively heavy if you use a proper objective lens.

@samuelmcdermott has updated the design quite a lot recently, but it was certainly always my intention that the microscope could be screwed to the base - I think that’s what happens with the UC2 adapter, so it’s definitely possible though we’ll need to check that the screw holes exist in the latest version of the design. If mounting with screws is not currently possible, we can and should add that in.

I think a “floating” board glued to some foam is a very nice solution, and indeed @j.stirling and I often suggest very similar things to people. Additional security is always nice - I wonder if you could arrange things so that some foam in the lid clamps everything in position when it’s closed?