A white stain on the camera image

Hi!

I finished building the delta stage reflection microscope, and I received an image of the sample but with a white stain:

I changed the cameras and Raspberry Pi board and still have this issue, so I assume it might be caused by the script. Is anyone here familiar with this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

It is not very clear from that picture exactly what you are doing. I can see you have the reflectance or fluorescence optics module. This is harder to align and to get a good background calibration. The image looks like reflection, in which case you really need a white reflectance standard to adjust the focus and centering of the illumination and to calibrate the white balance and flat field of the camera.

If you think there is a problem in the imaging system, you could make the transmission condenser and check on transmissive samples. Or you might be able to tell a bit what is happening if you put a mobile phone screen face down on the stage. With a white background on the screen you should be able to focus on the red, green, blue pixels. If that works it suggests the imaging is ok and any problem is more likely to be in the illumination.

1 Like