Purpose of holes in motor_driver_case?

Sorry, that’s my fault - it’s currently sitting in a merge request, but I have asked it to rebuild the STLs for said merge request here:

that should be done in an hour or so. Once they’ve built, I will try to remember to tell gitlab not to throw away the STLs. Feel free to remind me of this!

1 Like

STLs are here:

They should stick around for a while. However, I’m not sure the thick walls version is built automatically yet - so you may need to clone the repository, check out that branch, and build it yourself with OpenSCAD if you are happy doing that.

the Arduino nano motor driver case is built automatically though - so you can get that one.

Thanks Richard,

I download it already and the print is running.

By the way I will test it on a new assembly with microscope_stand_45-BS + optics_picamera_2_rms_infinity_f50d13_beamsplitter with 4x lens

Excellent - do let us know how it works :slight_smile: This is now merged, by the way, so it will be in the next release.

1 Like

Here is the Motor case printed and every thing feet well in it, even without cable optimisation (yet).

The microscope stand 45 feet well, I am wainting for the BS version to finish to print now.
Keep you inform and great integration.

!

1 Like

This looks great. @Gris74 what length of jumper wire did you use?

@Dleung, I use this one from Amazon it say 20 cm but in fact from end to end it’s 21cm

And Welcome here by the way :smile:

Thanks for the warm welcome; I’m learning lots, although admittedly it’s taken more time than expected.

Sorry if this is getting off-topic. What was your solution for power? Based on the second photo, it looks like you soldered a 4 to 1 junction (3 to 1 for power) with thicker wires. I was planning to do something like this and then breakout to micro USB female or USB male.

I do not, I didnt work on this part yet, I still running 2 differents PSU, a classic one for the PI and modify ATX PSU for the motor 5v. But sure it will come a time I will do a single power plug for it.

1 Like

@Gris74 I am unclear where to go for the stl where the motor driver case has the nano on its side.

@vthyng just go to this link share by Richard.

Clic on the Job artifacts donwload bouton on the right side bare.

Inside the build zip file you will find the motor_driver_case_arduino_nano.stl

Thank you, I am getting that printing now!

Vince

Nice!
Thank U!

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone using similar ULN2003 motor driver board like me, I found out that motor_driver_case_arduino_nano.stl could not fit mine so I modified the model to suit mine. If anyone need that I can send it to you.

1 Like

That looks neat - I think your boards are smaller than most I have seen, and your Nano is bigger because of the screw terminals. I think the forum should let you post STL and SCAD files, so by all means do upload them here for posterity!