How to rename files?

Hello there. Sorry about my insistence. I recently posted “stitiching images” topic but I realized my problem is not actually “stitching”. How can I rename the files sequentially?
I cannot sort them by date and time because some share the same time label. Unless there is a way of having the “seconds” show too. But I dont know how to.

Thanks

Daniel

I am fairly sure I have done this in the past with a Bash script (possible even on Windows though there is more faff to set it up). I don’t remember where I put it, and it’s not an elegant solution, but might be worth a try. You could even SSH in and run said script on the Pi, though that would probably confuse the image gallery in the microscope software…

Hi Daniel,

Great timing as I just added an option to have scans named sequentially:

If you want to test it now, you can run:

sudo ofm update
sudo ofm upgrade -u "https://build.openflexure.org/openflexure-microscope-server/openflexure-microscope-server-v2.6.0-alpha.2.tar.gz"

Please note this is a pre-release version, so there may be bugs.

The new naming option should be at the bottom of the Scan interface in the Capture tab.

If there are other naming modes you think would be useful, please let me know!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Joel. This is soooooo perfect. I will install and report.

Brilliant! I’ve only briefly tested it (hence the alpha tag) so any feedback is amazing at this point.

Reporting! I am very pleased with the results. You guys are amazing! I found minor bugs.

I cannot think of another naming option at the moment. I think you have everything covered with this

I did the upgraded without any problems and the RPi boot perfectly.
When I start openflexure the overlay preview image covers everything. 1 (2)

I move things around and see these 2 screens behind it

After doing the calibration I can see the menus again

The Number naming style works perfect! Thanks

When the scan is over the progression bar and cancel button freeze 4

Occasionally get this black images too

1 Like

When I start openflexure the overlay preview image covers everything.

Please check your overscan/underscan settings. You can run sudo raspi-config to do this. If you have a black border around your screen, this will cause the camera stream to become mismatched.

I move things around and see these 2 screens behind it

This is unfortunately something we can’t fix. It’s because of the way the Pi draws the camera preview when you use the microscope from the Pi itself. I suggest maximising the window and avoiding moving it.

Note: This is not an issue if you use the microscope from another device over a network. You can install OpenFlexure Connect on your laptop for example, and connect the two with an ethernet cable, or use your WiFi network.

When the scan is over the progression bar and cancel button freeze

This is interesting as I’ve had a couple of people report this, but I’ve not been able to reproduce the issue. I’ll keep looking into it.

Occasionally get this black images too

This is also something I’ve seen before, but I think this is related to the camera hardware more than our software. Could you double check all physical connections and see if that improves the situation?

We might have to write something that checks for this when you do a capture, and re-takes the image if it detects a blank frame.

Thanks for all the tips. I will try them.