Camera issue "Camera Disconnected"

I am new to the forum and just started to build out my microscope. I am having the same problem. I am using a RPi 4 and I am using a v1 camera that was the cheaper version from Amazon. For whatever reason, I am receiving the “Camera Disconnected” message. I will try and reinstall on a different RPi and see if the error goes away.

I reinstalled the OS and everything works now. False alarm.

2 Likes

That’s great @blainedwards8.

I’m having this same issue. I followed all the advice in the thread and still no camera detected. I tried another camera and even a pi 3b instead of a pi 4 and the issues still persist. I even tried loading the pi OS the non openflexure with no luck.

If the problem is still there with the standard Pi OS, not just Raspbian Openflexure OS, then it sounds like a hardware problem. This is most commonly the cable, even when the camera cable looks to be fine there can be small cracks in the wires that cause problems. Also I find that I always have to check several times to make sure that I have the contacts on the correct side going into the connectors on the camera and the Pi.

You have tried a different Pi, so it is less likely to be the main Pi board and connector.

I’ll have to order a new cable and see. The cable is in the right way round. Conductive side is toward the hdmi port.

I’ll be back.

2 Likes

With the new cable I’m still getting camera disconnected.

That is a pity that your problem is not solved.

At this point it might be worth going back to

The standard Pi OS removes one variable. Your problem will then be the same as ones that are likely to be in the general Pi forums where there will be a lot of people with better technical knowledge of what might be the problem than people on the microscope forum.

I did not ask which version camera you are using? Only v2 will work on the Microscope software, but all versions should work on the standard Pi OS.

Thanks for responding. I’ll give it a shot. I’m running the v2 of the camera. I also have the arducam64 I’ve been using as a check to see if it’s the camera. I guess that wouldn’t work on openflexure without drivers ect. I’ll post back here if I’m able to find the issue.

I got the adrucam to work for a while. It stopped working shortly after. I’m working on getting another pi camera v2. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

New camera is working.

3 Likes

I’m having a similar issue, I’ve got it working with an old camera (v1.3) while I ordered a v2.
I got the camera disconnected on the first v2 and ordered a replacement, same issue…
I tested the cameras with a pi 4 (with libcamera) and both are working…

This type of problem is quite difficult to diagnose because there are several possible causes, as you will see from the posts in this thread. Something different in your case is that you previously used the camera V1.3. Have you tried a fresh re-install of the Raspbian Openflexure operating system on your SD card? That will make sure that any camera settings are clean.